Hi, my name is Alayna!
I am a wife to a wonderful man and a mama to two sweet little boys with a third on the way. Can you say 3 under 3?! : )
While growing up I loved being involved in sports and other physical activities but primarily played soccer for years. I also had the privilege of being responsible for and loving on other people’s children from the time that I was young. Following my graduation from high school I studied the Bible at a small college. My studies there continue to impact my daily walk (and at times a crawl) with God. Around the time that I started going to college I took an interest in learning and making changes, even though they were small, in order to pursue a healthier lifestyle in all facets. In truth, I have considered on several occasions pursuing my desire to help others by becoming a nutritionist/personal trainer or something of that nature. And while I haven’t earned a certification in those things, my desire to encourage and help others in these areas remains.
But, the best thing is that all these things that are dear to my heart are a part of my every day life. Now I am able to use and apply these things to and for our own growing family – and I want to share these things with YOU too.
Why Alayna’s LightHouse?
I have always loved the coast and especially to stop and see the lighthouses. Though I have not done the research myself, my husband informed me years ago that Alayna means “light.” I love the imagery of the saving grace of a lighthouse to a ship as it makes its way on the sea in the dead of night. And as I think about the difficulties we each encounter as we go through the different seasons of life, there are times when we clearly recognize our need for even just a little ray of light.
Welcome to Our Home – No Need to Wipe Your Feet
I am a fairly young wife, a recent mama, and a Christian who will always have plenty of room to grow, and I don’t pretend to know all the answers. But I do know that I would love to share my journey as a wife, mama, and mompreneur pursuing healthy living for my family. It is my hope that you will feel welcomed, be encouraged and inspired by our experiences here at Alayna’s Lighthouse!
Some Extra Tidbits
- I am the oldest of 9 kids, all of which are half-siblings but you would never know it if you were around us
- I love Indian food!
- My absolute favorite color is blue
- We live just 2-3 hours drive away from any climate you might like – snow, desert, beach, mountains
- One of my favorite books of the Bible is Colossians
- Our first son has chronic kidney disease
- I find myself counting letter strokes in words sometimes and then multiplying the sum. For example, “ALAYNA” =16 – 16, 32, 64, 128 etc 😀
- One of my dreams is to visit each of our states and enjoy its beauty and history